Jump to Recipe
This tofu quiche is oil-free, gluten-free, and packed with plant-based protein and broccoli. It requires just 9 simple ingredients and is made in under an hour, so get cookin’!
This tofu quiche was thrown together on a whim one night when I was trying to prep meals for the week for my boyfriend. If I’m not there to cook for him he usually doesn’t eat/doesn’t have time and just drinks Soylent. But I think it is super important to start off your day with some plant-based whole foods. Keeping in mind that he would probably be running out the door every morning as soon as he got up, I wanted to make something he could take and eat on-the-go. I also wanted it to be filling so he wouldn’t get the hunger crash he usually does after oatmeal. Finally, I decided I wanted to make something tofu-based (for all that plant-based protein) that could easily be taken on-the-go (tofu scramble was out of the question). Enter these mini tofu quiches!
For the crust, I used this 3 ingredient recipe from From My Bowl. It turned out delicious and not soggy, plus the almond flour adds healthy fats 🙂 However, you can use store-bought crust (make sure it’s vegan) or your favorite pie crust recipe. Or you can make these crustless and they will still be just as delicious!
I decided to fill these with broccoli and onions (a delicious decision), but you can add any veggies you have on hand (bell peppers, mushrooms, zucchini, spinach). I also think vegan cheese would make a great addition. Feel free to tweak the veggies to what you have on hand/what you think would taste good. Get creative and have fun with it!
I hope you love these tofu quiches as much as I do! If you try out this recipe, don’t forget to tag me in your photos on instagram @ellielikes.cooking and leave a comment down below. I’m always eager to hear from readers 🙂
Broccoli Tofu Quiche
- 1 pound firm tofu
- 1 tbsp tapioca starch
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp tahini
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 1 cup broccoli florets chopped
- crust of your choice
- Prepare your crust of choice and mold it into your muffin tin, lining each mold so that the crust goes up the sides of each muffin mold. You should be able to make 12 crusts. Pre-bake the crusts per the recipe’s directions, then set aside and preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Add all quiche ingredients except onion and broccoli to a food processor. Blend until well combined. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
- Cook onion and broccoli in a fry pan over medium heat, until onions are translucent and broccoli is just getting soft. Remove from heat and mix with tofu filling, by hand.
- Spoon quiche filling into each mini crust and smooth out the top of each quiche. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until the tops of the quiches start to turn golden brown. The quiches will firm up as they cool. Store in a covered container in the fridge, or freeze.