This green onion sauce is perfect for drizzling over tofu, natto, salads, or as a dipping sauce for gyoza or savory pancakes.
How to Use Green Onion Sauce
- drizzle over tofu salad
- drizzle over steamed eggplant
- mix into natto
- dipping sauce for gyoza/dumplings
- dipping sauce for veggie pancakes
- drizzle over plain silken tofu, agedashi tofu, or baked/fried tofu
Let me know in the comments how you like to use this sauce!
If you try out this green onion sauce, don’t forget to leave a comment/rating down below and tag me in your photos on instagram @ellielikes.cooking. I love seeing all of your tasty recreations!
Easy Green Onion Sauce
- 1 tsp garlic (about 2 cloves or 1 large clove) minced
- 4 tsp ginger minced
- 3 ½ tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp sugar
- 4 tsp rice vinegar
- 4-5 green onions sliced
- 4 tsp toasted sesame oil
- Add garlic, ginger, soy sauce, sugar, and rice vinegar to a microwave-safe bowl and mix. Microwave for minute in 20 second intervals, stirring between each interval.
- Add green onions and sesame oil to the bowl and stir. Set aside to cool; the green onions will cook in the residual heat. Transfer to a jar and store in the fridge. Lasts about 2 weeks.
- If cooking on the stovetop, you have the option to lightly fry the garlic and ginger first to bring out more flavor. Heat about 1 tsp of oil in a saucepan and add garlic and ginger. Cook on low, stirring constantly for 1-2 minutes until lightly browned. OR you can just simmer the garlic and ginger (step 2).
- Add soy sauce, sugar, and rice vinegar (and ginger and garlic if not frying first). Stir constantly until sugar dissolves, then simmer for 1-2 minutes. Turn off heat.
- Add green onions to a bowl and pour the hot soy sauce mixture over them. Stir in sesame oil. Set aside to cool, then transfer to a jar and store in the fridge. Lasts about 2 weeks.
*Disclosure: This page may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases, but the price remains the same to you. Thank you for supporting Ellie Likes Cooking!
Save for later!