This gochujang miso sauce is spicy, sweet, and savory. It’s so good and perfect drizzled on bowls, salads, wraps, or as a dipping sauce!
This gochujang miso sauce is one of my current favorite all purpose sauces. I love prepping a batch on the weekend and drizzling it on all my meals throughout the week. It’s so easy to make with just 5 ingredients, but it’s packed with flavor and can make the blandest of dishes taste amazing!
- Miso ⟶ This is where the star savory, umami flavor comes from, so be sure to use a good tasty miso! I recommend red miso, but white, yellow, or awase (mixed) can work as well. White/yellow miso is more mild and sweet, while red is more salty and savory.
- Gochujang* ⟶ Adds just a little bit of heat along with some sweetness.
- Sugar ⟶ You can use any sweetener you like. Maple syrup would probably be delicious too.
- Vinegar ⟶ I prefer the mild flavor of rice vinegar, but feel free to play around with other vinegars.
- Toasted Sesame Seeds ⟶ You can buy pre-toasted sesame seeds or toast them yourself in a pan.
How to Use Gochujang Miso Sauce
This is a very versatile sauce and goes well on salads, bowls, wraps, or as a dipping sauce for veggies, fritters, or spring rolls. I love using this sauce on my cabbage pancakes, cabbage rolls, plain tofu, and with veggie sticks like cucumbers and carrots.
More Tasty Condiments & Sauces
If you try out this gochujang miso sauce, don’t forget to leave a comment/rating down below and tag me in your photos on instagram @ellielikes.cooking. I love seeing all of your tasty recreations!
Gochujang Miso Sauce
- Add all ingredients except water to a bowl or jar and mix well to combine.
- Add water to thin to desired consistency.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
*Disclosure: This page may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases, but the price remains the same to you. Thank you for supporting Ellie Likes Cooking!
Save for later!