This black bean and corn salad is a healthy, quick & easy side dish packed with protein, healthy fats, and micronutrients! Vegan, gluten-free, and oil-free.
Refreshing, light, and satisfying, this black bean and corn salad is the perfect addition to your summer picnics and barbecues! It’s made with simple ingredients, easy to throw together, and it’s so good you’ll be making it every week (or multiples times a week like me)! The combination of sweet, crunchy corn, hearty black beans, and creamy avocado is deliciously addicting. Plus it’s packed with heart-healthy fats, plant-based protein, fiber, and micronutrients! The perfect healthy summer salad.
This black bean and corn salad is made with 7 main ingredients:
- Black Beans
- Corn ⟶ canned, frozen, or fresh off the cob all work
- Tomatoes ⟶ any kind of tomato works
- Green Onion
- SUB: red onion would also be good!
- Lime Juice
- SUB: I prefer lime, but lemon juice will work as well
- Olive Oil ⟶ This is optional and depends on your preference. It will make the salad a bit “richer” and more satisfying, but if you want a light, salsa-like salad you can leave it out.
HOW TO MAKE
This black bean and corn salad is ridiculously easy to make, with no cooking (as long as your corn is already cooked) and under 15 minutes of prep time!
- Prep the veggies ⟶ Dice the avocado and tomatoes. Chop the cilantro and green onion. Cut corn off the cob if using fresh (cooked) corn.
- Make the dressing ⟶ Whisk together lime juice, salt, pepper, and olive oil if using.
- Combine ⟶ Add the veggies and dressing to a bowl and toss to combine.
HOW TO SERVE
This salad is the perfect side dish to accompany (or top) tacos, burrito bowls, nachos, or any kind of dish with Mexican flavors! Use it like a salsa or eat it by the spoonful, it’s delicious either way.
The black beans add a little extra plant-based protein to your meal (but still make sure your main dish packs a good amount of protein!), while the corn contributes complex carbs and fiber to help keep you satiated. You can also add a little jalapeño if you’re feeling spicy!
Check out these other refreshing veggie side dishes!
- Somen Salad
- Sesame Green Beans
- Spicy Bean Sprout Salad
- Tofu & Green Onion Salad
- Steamed Eggplant with Green Onion Dressing
I hope I’ve inspired you to make this black bean & corn salad! If you try it out, don’t forget to tag me in your photos on instagram @ellielikes.cooking, leave a comment/rating down below, and let me know how you liked it! I love seeing all of your tasty recreations 🙂 Happy cooking! ♡
Black Bean and Corn Salad
- 1 cup cooked black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 cup cooked corn kernels
- 2 tomatoes diced
- ½ avocado diced
- 1 green onion chopped
- ½ cup cilantro chopped
- ½ lime, juiced
- ¼ tsp salt
- pinch of black pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil optional
- In a large bowl, combine black beans, corn, tomatoes, avocado, green onion, and cilantro.
- In a small bowl, whisk together lime juice, salt, pepper, and olive oil if using. Pour over salad and toss to combine. Taste and add more salt/lime juice as needed.
Disclosure: This page may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases, but the price remains the same to you. Thank you for supporting Ellie Likes Cooking!
Save for later!