Crispy on the outside, chewy on the inside, perfectly sweetened vegan peanut butter oatmeal cookies. Made with just 5 base ingredients and no gluten, oil, or refined sugar needed!
This is my new favorite cookie. And possibly the best vegan cookies I’ve made so far — there have been a lot of attempts but not many successes when it comes to vegan cookies that aren’t full of processed oils, white flour or sugar. But these cookies. After doing some research and referencing other oil-free vegan cookie recipes, I managed to find the perfect ratio of nut butter to flour and I could not be happier with the results.
At first glance the ingredients list might look too “healthy” to be turned into a decadent and satisfying cookie. Don’t knock it till you try it though. You don’t want to miss out on these! These oatmeal cookies are made with 5 base ingredients:
- Peanut Butter
- Maple Syrup
- Oats ⟶ We use rolled oats and oat flour. If you have a blender, no need to buy oat flour. Just process the oats in your blender until they turn into a fine flour!
- Baking Soda
- Of course, you’ll probably want to throw in some add-ins like chocolate chips, raisins, dried cranberries, chopped up candy, or whatever else you like!
These oatmeal cookies don’t require any oil as peanut butter provides all the fat. Feel free to sub the pb for another nut/seed butter of your choice. These can easily be made gluten-free by ensuring your oats and oat flour are certified gluten-free. I’ve also tested them with spelt flour, and all purpose and whole wheat would probably also work. However I think oat flour produces the best taste and texture.
I decided to add chocolate chips to my cookies (because chocolate is always a good idea right??) but you can keep yours plain or add in walnuts, raisins, or whatever else you prefer! It’s also important to note, when you first take the cookies out of the oven they will be very soft and look undercooked, but they firm up as they cool so just be patient 🙂
Check out these other healthy vegan sweets!
- Sugar Cookie Bars
- Japanese Melon Bread
- Oil-Free Coffee Cake
- Oil-Free Chocolate Cake
- Dorayaki (Japanese Sweet Red Bean Pancakes)
I hope you love these vegan oatmeal cookies as much as I do! If you try out this recipe, don’t forget to tag me in your photos on instagram @ellielikes.cooking and/or leave a comment down below and let me know how you liked it! It always makes my day to see you recreate my recipes 🙂 Happy baking!
Vegan Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/4 cup oat flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- dash of cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line a baking tray with parchment paper and set aside.
- If your peanut butter is not a stir-able consistency, briefly heat in the microwave till it becomes runny.
- Mix together peanut butter, maple syrup, and vanilla in a large mixing bowl.
- Add oats, flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Mix until fully combined, then gently fold in chocolate chips.
- Scoop cookie dough into 12 tablespoon-size balls, leaving space between them. Flatten dough into cookie shapes. Bake for 12 minutes. They will still be soft when you take them out but will firm up as they cool. Let cookies cool for a few minutes on the baking sheet, and when firm enough to pick up, transfer them to a cooling rack to finish cooling completely.
Save for later!
Disclaimer: This page may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn a small commission if you purchase something through one of my links, but the price remains the same to you. Thank you for supporting Ellie Likes Cooking!
I’ll definitely be making these! 🙂